Sponsored by: Recruiterbox
Brian is digital entrepreneur royalty. He has created MASSIVE value for MANY businesses for MANY years and because of that he has earned tremendous success as a Founder and CEO. You may know him for his WILDLY successful copyblogger platform. But, as a leader he has grown that one platform to a multimedia company that contains many brands all under the Rainmaker Digital umbrella – a complete marketing technology platform. As with all our guests, he gets detailed about his personal journey from Founder to CEO and talks about:
- This quote: “Whether you write a word ever, studying copy writing will make you a good business person…because it makes you focus so much on your customers and clients, or prospects…”
- This quote: “I was a great marketer…but, I didn’t understand how to manage people…”
- This quote: “I’ve always had trouble with delegating…back in 2002 to 2005 I was the classic E-Myth case study…”
- This quote: “Letting your team do their job is such a crucial step…”
- This quote: “Every single person in this company, all my partners, all our employees, they came from the audience I created.”
- This quote: “Getting talent…that’s the whole thing.”
- This quote: “Take good care of the people you’ve got because you don’t want them running off.”
- This quote: “When you pack your schedule to the brim with meetings and phone calls and and desk work…and don’t allow yourself to think, that’s when you make bad decisions.”
Name: Brian Clark, Founder & CEO
Company: Rainmaker Digital (formerly Copyblogger Media)
Powerful Promise of Value: Rainmaker Digital (formerly Copyblogger Media) provides tools and training for content marketers and digital entrepreneurs. They are the company behind copyblogger, StudioPress, Synthesis, Rainmaker FM, and the Rainmaker Platform.
Headquartered In: Boulder, Colorado
Leadership Struggle: “I…tended to keep things locked up in my head…I tend to keep things in my head until I make a decisive move…”
Books Brian And His Company Has Been Featured In:
- Linchpin by Seth Godin
- Meatball Sundae by Seth Godin
- Epic Content Marketing by Joe Pulizzi
- The Lean Entrepreneur by Brant Cooper and Patrick Vlaskovits
- The $100 Startup by Chris Guillebeau
- Trust Agents by Chris Brogan and Julien Smith
- Brainfluence by Roger Dooley
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR by David Meerman Scott
- Free Agent Nation by Daniel Pink
- The Education of Millionaires by Michael Ellsberg
- Problogger by Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett
- e-Riches 2.0 by Scott Fox
- Gravitational Marketing by Jimmy Vee and Travis Miller
- Career Renegade by Jonathan Fields
- The Referral Engine by John Jantsch
- Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World by Michael Hyatt
Special Awards & Recognition:
- Advertising Age ranks Copyblogger as a top marketing blog in its Power150 list.
- The Guardian named Copyblogger one of the world’s 50 most powerful blogs.
- Brian Clark was ranked #3 of the 100 Most Influential Online Marketers of 2009.
- Technorati says Copyblogger is one of the most popular blogs in the world.
- The editors of Performancing named Brian Clark the most influential blogger of 2007.
- BusinessWeek says entrepreneurs should follow Copyblogger on Twitter.
- Dunn and Bradstreet says Brian is the most influential person to follow on Twitter for small businesses.
His Podcast: Unemployable