Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Back in January 2017, Dr. Joseph Picken wrote an informative piece that caught my attention. It was titled, “From founder to CEO: An entrepreneur’s roadmap.” It appeared in Business Horizons.
As you might imagine, the piece caught my attention and I wanted to make sure we had Dr. Picken on the show to speak more about his research. More specifically, Dr. Picken details the “Eight Hurdles” that Founders must overcome on the journey From Founder To CEO.
It’s an interview chock full of insight, wisdom, practical advice, and stories and examples that I know you will relate to.
Ask your self this question, which hurdle do you need to overcome? Email me and let me know your answer.
Name: Dr. Joseph Picken
Company: The Institute for Innovation & Entrepreneurship at UT Dallas
Headquartered In: Dallas, Texas
Powerful Promise of Value: The Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (IIE) is a specialized institute within UT Dallas that promotes cross-disciplinary academic and startup programs for the students, faculty, staff, and entrepreneurial community.
They bring together ideas and technology to launch new ventures and support the growth of all companies, small and large.
Dr. Picken’s Business Horizons Pieces:
- From startup to scalable enterprise: Laying the foundation – Business Horizons, Volume 60, Issue 5, September–October 2017, Pages 587-595
- From founder to CEO: An entrepreneur’s roadmap – Business Horizons, Volume 60, Issue 1, January–February 2017, Pages 7-14
Contact: www.innovation.utdallas.edu, Email: [email protected], LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/joseph-picken-2185734/
Sponsored by: Trail Team 10
- Need help scaling your leadership abilities while you scale your business?
- Looking for a safe, confidential, and supportive peer group of Founding CEOs from different cities that will push you to be a better leader and grow your business?
- Need help solving practical problems without the high price and big commitment?
- Can you commit to just 1 hour a week for six months?
Apply HERE for the next Trail Team 10…hurry the groups fill fast.
Watch the VIDEO below.