Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Sponsored by: Recruiterbox
Recruiterbox is the easiest, fastest, and most efficient way to receive and manage job applications to your company. Check it out at recruiterbox.com – they have a completely free trial.
Can you imagine your business having an immediate impact on millions of people in just its first two years? Nathan Chan can. This humble Australian Founding CEO is building a media empire helping entrepreneurs, like you, build and grow your companies through his digital magazine, Foundr. We turn the tables on this inspiring leader and ask him about his journey from Founder to CEO. I know you’ll find his honest and authentic personal leadership stories helpful. For example, he discusses:
- His startup story – “We choose the path we are least afraid of.”
- How his two strengths – (a) Having an eye for talent (b) Being vulnerable and letting people help you – helped him grow his company.
- How using contractors helped him bootstrap his growth.
- How his refreshing humility helped him grow Foundr Magazine.
- The challenges of being “firm” and holding others accountable when they may not meet expectations.
- How to balance giving team members room to grow and avoid mistakes from negatively impacting the business.
- How his experience with interns taught him how to let go, learn to work with others, and leverage his time and impact.
- Why hiring is so challenging and some tips to make it easier.
Name: Nathan Chan, Publisher and Editor
Company: Foundr Magazine
Powerful Promise of Value: Foundr Magazine – a magazine for young entrepreneurs. It’s the perfect resource for the young Founding CEO to learn how to grow and build a successful business through Foundr Magazine, podcast, and an array of great products and helpful training courses.
Headquartered In: Melbourne, Australia
Leadership Struggle: “…this leadership stuff is still quite new to me…sometimes you have to be the boss, sometimes you have to be firm with people…that’s one thing that I have struggled with as the team has grown…”
Contacts: @NathanHChan, www.foundrmag.com