A few years ago the wood swing set in our back yard had deteriorated enough for me to start worrying it may not be safe for my family. I knew it would take me forever to disassemble it. And, then there was the issue of what to do with all the pieces. So, I called 1-800-Got-Junk. It was gone in an hour. Wow!
After interviewing the company’s Founder & CEO, Brian Scudamore, in this episode, I now know why my experience with 1-800-Got-Junk was so exceptional. Brian is exceptional. His energy, enthusiasm, attitude, are contagious and his entrepreneurial leadership is extraordinary.
In this candid interview Brian covers:
- Why he fired almost all of his team leaders…all at the same time
- How he found his COO…and how you can too
- The evolution of COO hiring
- Why he only focuses on what he does well
- How to leverage a mentor
- Why it was so important for him to let go in order to scale
- Why it’s important to trust in yourself as the Founder & CEO
- Why he believes in “leaders eat last”