Sponsored by: Recruiterbox
Talk about a passionate leader! Doug Lyon’s entrepreneurial enthusiasm is contagious in this interview. As the Founder & CEO of Paqui Tortilla Chips, Doug and his team built a powerhouse brand around some amazing chips. Not only does he share how he used his creativity to fund and grow the company, but he also shares THREE KEYS TO AN AWESOME EXIT.
We recorded this interview a few months ago while he was in the process of merging Paqui with Amplify Snack Brands, the makers of Skinny Pop Popcorn. So, today after a successful exit, Doug is now VP Creative & Innovation at Amplify Snack Brands. Some key quotes are:
- “You’ve got to eat ‘NOs’ for breakfast.”
- “I can’t sell something unless I believe in it.”
- “We went all in with our savings.”
- “When you don’t have money you become very creative.”
- “Make sure you prove your concept first.”
- “How about I pay you when they pay me.”
Name: Doug Lyon, Founder and Chief Happiness Officer (CEO)
Powerful Promise of Value: Paqui is the Aztec word for “happy.” Paqui makes gourmet organic tortilla chips with mouth-watering flavors with no preservatives, no artificial flavors, and are Non-GMO project verified.
Headquartered In: Austin, Texas