Andrea (“Drea”) and her team inspire me. I have personally traveled the world and fully appreciate when I am able to authentically connect with the people of the region I am visiting. Drea’s emphasis on authentic experiences rather than simply bus “drive by gazing,” is a refreshing approach to a travel industry that is increasingly dominated by familiar experiences.
As she has built LocalAdventura, she has also experienced her own personal growth. In this interview she gets personal about:
- Why her favorite quote is from Margaret Mead
- How overcoming overthinking and over-planning helped her grow the company
- How using experiments and taking more risks were key to growing the company
- Why she invites other founders to speak with her team
- What happens when she sponsors team experiment competitions