The positive impact of journaling on your leadership journey From Founder To CEO is fairly well-documented.
So, why don’t we do it?
Here are some objections you have shared with me over the past 10 years:
- I don’t have time.
- I don’t know what to write about.
- What good does it do?
- I do better talking with someone else.
- My time is better spent elsewhere.
I agree. These are valid objections. But, they still don’t negate the one thing that journaling helps you with on your journey From Founder To CEO.
As you travel From Founder To CEO, clarity of mind becomes one of the hardest things to achieve and one of the most important things to achieve.
So, instead of getting caught up on things like:
- Digital versus paper
- Which app to use
- Which guru’s paper journal book to use
- Structure versus free form
You may want to just simplify the entire prospect of journaling. Here is what works for me.
- I use a simple, lined Moleskine notebook
- I dedicate just 20 minutes, once a week
- I write whatever comes to my mind about only these four questions:
1 – What am I feeling grateful about?
2 – What am I feeling optimistic about?
3 – What am I still wondering about?
4 – What am I feeling discouraged about?
The end result is much more clarity and the freedom to start the new week with a focused mind.
Try it and let me know if it works for you.