Do you know TOMS Shoes? Well, think of Smile Squared as the TOMS Shoes for toothbrushes. Eric and his wife created Smile Squared as a way to sustainably help improve the health of children around the world with a simple toothbrush. Their simple bamboo toothbrush has even been on NBC The Today Show and in Oprah Magazine!
But, as many of you know, there is nothing simple about launching a business, let alone a one-for-one social enterprise. During his journey From Founder To CEO, Eric learned a lot about himself and growing a social enterprise. He speaks about:
- Why first seeing yourself as the CEO is part of the journey
- How “doing everything myself” isn’t sustainable
- Why balancing between daily operations and being the Chief Evangelist is so difficult during the early phases of a startup
- How the one-for-one model only works with sales
- Why execution instead of deliberation is the default successful startup CEO behavior
Name: Eric Cope, Co-founder & CEO
Company: Smile Squared
Headquartered In: St. Louis, Missouri
Powerful Promise of Value: When you buy their amazing bamboo toothbrush, Smile Squared gives one to a child in need.
Sponsored by: DesignCrowd
Do you need quality design work, fast? When you are growing your startup, you and your team will eventually need designs for logos, business cards, t-shirts, banners, social posts, etc. I personally recommend DesignCrowd the next time you need some design work. We used this amazing crowdsourcing platform to help us design our logo for “Trail Team 10.” Not only was it easy, but it was a great experience collaborating with creative designers around the world. We received over 100 quality designs to choose from. Check it out and let me know what you think.