Jay started as a Founder in his garage. Jay took orders on his cell phone while traveling around. Jay worked hard to build Blinds.com to the powerhouse it is today. I’ve been reading Jay’s pieces on Inc.com for awhile. I truly appreciate his practical wisdom, commitment to improvement and his continuous focus on people. It was a treat for me to have an opportunity to interview such an American business icon. I think you’ll appreciate hearing him speak about:
- How the death of his wife impacted him personally, helped shape his approach to leadership, and helped craft the culture of Blinds.com
- Why Home Depot bought Blinds.com
- The four values that drive the success of Blinds.com
Here’s my favorite quote from the interview: “Stop thinking about yourself and start thinking about other people and make them the best they can be.”
Name: Jay Steinfeld
Headquartered In: Houston, Texas
Powerful Promise of Value: Blinds.com, owned by Global Custom Commerce, is the #1 e-commerce company in Houston and the world’s largest online retailer for blinds, shades and other custom window coverings.
Contact: Website: www.blinds.com
Sponsored by: Trail Team 10
- Need help scaling your leadership abilities while you scale your business?
- Looking for a safe, confidential, and supportive peer group of Founding CEOs from different cities that will push you to be a better leader and grow your business?
- Need help solving practical problems without the high price and big commitment?
- Can you commit to just 1 hour a week for six months?
Apply HERE for the next Trail Team 10…hurry the groups fill fast.
Watch the VIDEO below.