Do you really know yourself? Are you a “growth hacker?” Do you have what it takes to really use self-awareness to drive results in your company? After listening to Mattan Griffel, Co-founder & CEO of One Month, you’ll see how this Forbes’ 30 Under 30 Founding CEO uses learning, reading, and listening to grow his company and become an even better CEO. And, you’ll learn more about:
- How necessity drove him to create his amazing company.
- This growth technique: students sharing their work with their friends.
- How the different phases of growing a business require different skills from a CEO.
- How important mastering these management challenges are to your success: communication, collaboration, clarity of roles, processes, accountability
- The importance of understanding your CEO strengths and weaknesses.
- The importance of being a good listener.
- Why thinking through things before taking action as a CEO is so important.
Name: Mattan Griffel, Co-founder & CEO
Company: One Month
Powerful Promise of Value: The first ever online school for tech entrepreneurs. You can learn to code and build web applications in one month, with One Month.
Headquartered In: New York, New York
Leadership Struggle: “…creating buy-in with the team…as the team grows…getting alignment…is far more important…”
Daily Habit: Writes 750 words a day with www.750words.com, and meditates.
Delegation Technique: “Checks-ins” with team members.
CEO Question: What is your Rose? (The thing that is going really well or that you are most proud of.), What is your Bud? (The thing that is on the horizon that you are most excited about.), What is your Thorn? (The thing most frustrating you.)
Meeting Advice: Collect decision points and action points at the end of the meeting…with people connected to them with due dates.
Favorite Book, Magazine, Blog, Newsletter, or Podcast (s): Crucial Conversations Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High, Second Edition (Kerry Patterson)
Other Books He Likes:
- How to Win Friends & Influence People (Dale Carnegie)
- Never Eat Alone, Expanded and Updated: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time (Keith Ferrazzi)
- Just Listen: Discover the Secret to Getting Through to Absolutely Anyone (Mark Goulston M.D.)